USS REXX - BPXWUNIX interruption
Jiri Vasek
2021-08-24 13:31:32 UTC
Hello,

does there exist any easy way to interrupt / send a new line command
(a.k.a. ENTER) to a bpxwunix function?

I need to execute an openssl s_client command however the function gets
stuck whenever it reaches a SSL certificate.

I was able to implement pretty easy workaround in a Perl but I am not able
to find any way how to manage it once calling the bpxwunix function in
REXX.

Perl example:
my @command = `echo "\n" | $openssl_s_client | $openssl_x509 2> /dev/null`
;

Any advice please?

Kind regards,
Jiri

Paul Gilmartin
2021-08-24 20:01:48 UTC
(Cross-posting to TSO-REXX and MVS-OE where you might find more expertise.)
Post by Jiri Vasek
does there exist any easy way to interrupt / send a new line command
(a.k.a. ENTER) to a bpxwunix function?
I need to execute an openssl s_client command however the function gets
stuck whenever it reaches a SSL certificate.
I was able to implement pretty easy workaround in a Perl but I am not able
to find any way how to manage it once calling the bpxwunix function in
REXX.
Any advice please?
Partition the problem. Does your method work when invoked directly from a
real shell (e.g. ssh MVS from desktop)? I fear TSO and VTAM will do their
beware. I fear VTAM and TSO will do their worst to thwart interaction.

Tell us more. What is your BPXWUNIX command? I'll suggest, with little hope:
ALLOCATE DD(STDIN) DSN(*) REUSE
RC BPXWDYN( your-command, 'DD:STDIN' )

-- gil