ROWID from TBSCAN getting RC 8 from TBSKIP ?
Joseph Reichman
2021-07-01 14:41:46 UTC
Hi

I did a TBSCAN using the table key variable in the arglist rowid of the TBSCAN pointed to 8 byte field which I initialized as such pos = substr(‘ ‘,1,8) the TBSCAN return 00000001 in pos I next used pos in TBSKIP the ROWID(POS) parm and got an 8 how could this be ?

Willy Jensen
2021-07-01 14:56:30 UTC
Try ROWID('pos')'
pos must be a numeric value - NOT the variable name used in TBSCAN ROWID.

2021-07-01 15:28:13 UTC
Willy thanks for the idea

Actually got an 8 on that too
I ended up “TBSKIP JOBMONT ROW(“ || POS || “) POSITION(CURRCRP)”
2021-07-01 16:09:10 UTC
Ok, well, here is a sample with a keyed table which works for me:

queue ' Alpha Doctor Who is a British science-fiction'

queue ' Bravo television programme produced by the BBC'

queue ' Charlie from 1963 to the present day. The programme'

queue ' Delta depicts the adventures of the Doctor, a Time'

queue ' Echo Lord a time-travelling humanoid alien.'

queue ' Foxtrot He explores the'

queue ' Golf universe in his TARDIS, a sentient time-travelling'

queue ' Hotel space ship. Its exterior appears as a blue British'

queue ' India police box, which was a common sight in Britain'

queue ' Juliet in 1963 when the series first aired. Along with a'

queue ' Kilo succession of companions, the Doctor combats a variety'

queue ' Lima of foes while working to save civilisations and help'

queue ' Mike people in need.'

address ispexec

"tbcreate t1 keys(name) names(text) nowrite"

do queued()

parse pull name text

name=translate(strip(name))

"tbadd t1"

end

"tbtop t1"

"tbvclear t1"

name='KILO'

zerrlm=''

"tbscan t1 rowid(rown) arglist(name)"

say 'tbscan rc' rc zerrlm 'rown:' rown

"tbskip t1 row("rown")"

say 'tbskip rc' rc 'text:' text

"tbend t1"

TBSCAN says rownum=1, but TBSKIP still finds the correct row, so I tried:

"tbscan t1 arglist(name)"

"tbskip t1"

say 'tbskip rc' rc 'text:' text

and I still get the correct row listed.