Writing Rexx assembler functions
Lindy Mayfield
2016-03-11 23:24:39 UTC
It's difficult right? Well, I was doing some early spring cleaning and came across this. The control blocks you have to navigate.

It may be useful for someone. I cannot say how many hours (days) I spent in the documentation figuring out where and how to use the control blocks, which is spread out in a haphazard way over several chapters, and very poorly described (at least when I created this. I haven't checked lately, I doubt the docs are better, but they could be. Maybe I will check, now that I'm curious.)

Anyway, perhaps helpful. It might not look like much, but after you read the first sentence of any section in the docs that references another control block, be aware that you'll be jumping from one section to another. Here I mapped them out in a hierarchal diagram with the corresponding pointers starting from the first ENVBLOCK (or EFPL) to all child and associated control blocks. :) I wish I had used a better software program to create it, though. It's not as pretty as I would like.

http://7cats.eu/downloads/RexxControlBlocks.pdf

Kind regards,
Lindy

Farley, Peter x23353