Address sdsf error
Add Reply
Grant Ward Able
2011-06-17 14:12:17 UTC
Hi REXXers,

I am having a little bit of difficulty using "address sdsf". This works
just fine when I use the ST command, but when I change this to the DA
command I get RC(8) and my error routine gives me some nonsense. Is this
somehow due to the ISFFILTER that I am using? If so, how should this be
specified?

85 *-* sdsfpnl = 'st'
"st"
86 *-* isffilter = "queue = execution"
"queue = execution"
87 *-* ISFFILTERMODE = 'AND'
"AND"
88 *-* if RIGHT(t1,3) = 'BRK'
"1"
*-* then
89 *-* do
90 *-* sdsfpnl = 'da'
"da"
91 *-* isffilter = isffilter||' stepname = '||t1
"queue = execution stepname = MQ35BRK"
92 *-* end
93 *-* address sdsf "isfexec "sdsfpnl
"isfexec da"
+++ RC(8) +++

611 *-* error:
612 *-* em1='rexx exec has encountered an unrecoverable error. '
"rexx exec has encountered an unrecoverable error. "
613 *-* em2 = 'error' rc ' at line' sigl 'of' thisexec':'
errortext(rc)
"error 8 at line 93 of AS5: Unexpected THEN or ELSE"
614 *-* em = em1||em2
"rexx exec has encountered an unrecoverable error. error 8
at line 93 of AS5: Unexpected THEN or ELSE"
615 *-* say em
"rexx exec has encountered an unrecoverable error. error 8
at line 93 of AS5: Unexpected THEN or ELSE"
rexx exec has encountered an unrecoverable error. error 8 at line 93 of
AS5: Unexpected THEN or ELSE

--
Regards - Grant
=======================================

Telephone Number: +44 20765 01496

<BR>_____________________________________________________________
<FONT size=2><BR>
DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any
attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted
by this email.</FONT>

Robert Zenuk
2011-06-17 16:44:06 UTC
The ISFEXEC DA is probably failing because the ISFFILTER = "QUEUE =
EXECUTION" is invalid for DA. Confirm all column names used are actually in the
list of valid variables for the "panel".

You can always find out the list of valid variables for each ISFEXEC panel
by looking at the contents of ISFCOLS. Here is the list of variables for
DA under z/OS 1.11:

JNAME TOKEN STEPN PROCS JOBID OWNERID JCLASS POS DP REAL PAGING EXCPRT
CPUPR ASID ASIDX EXCP CPU SWAPR STATUS SYSNAME SPAGING SCPU WORKLOAD SRVCLASS
PERIOD RESGROUP SERVER QUIESCE ECPU ECPUPR CPUCRIT STORCRIT RPTCLASS
MEMLIMIT TRANACT TRANRES SPIN SECLABEL GCPTIME ZAAPTIME ZAAPCPTM GCPUSE ZAAPUSE
SZAAP SZIIP PROMOTED ZAAPNTIM ZIIPTIME ZIIPCPTM ZIIPNTIM ZIIPUSE SLCPU

I suppose you could build a WORDPOS command to confirm you are using valid
variables to avoid problems, but usually doing a SAY to see them during
development is sufficient.

Here is a quick and dirty EXEC to display the available columns by panel...

/* REXX - SDSFRCOLS: list all REXX variables/columns by SDSF Panel */
if isfcalls('ON') <> 0 then exit 99
call panel 'DA'
call panel 'I'
call panel 'O'
call panel 'H'
call panel 'ST'
call panel 'LOG'
call panel 'SR'
call panel 'MAS'
call panel 'JC'
call panel 'SE'
call panel 'SE'
call panel 'RES'
call panel 'ENC'
call panel 'PS'
call panel 'INIT'
call panel 'PR'
call panel 'PUN'
call panel 'RDR'
call panel 'LINE'
call panel 'NODE'
call panel 'SO'
call panel 'SP'
call panel 'RM'
call panel 'CK'
x = isfcalls('OFF')
exit 0
panel: arg panel
address SDSF "ISFEXEC" panel "(ALTERNATE DELAYED)"
say center('ISFCOLS Variables for' panel,78,'-')
say isfcols isfdcols
say center('ISFCOLS Variables for' panel,78,'-')
drop isfcols isfdcols
return

Hope thishelps,

Rob

Post by Grant Ward Able
"st"
86 *-* isffilter = "queue = execution"
Post by Grant Ward Able
"queue = execution"
87 *-* ISFFILTERMODE = 'AND'
Post by Grant Ward Able
"AND"
88 *-* if RIGHT(t1,3) = 'BRK'
Post by Grant Ward Able
"1"
*-* then
89 *-* do
90 *-* sdsfpnl = 'da'

Richards, Robert B.
2011-06-17 17:13:04 UTC
Rob,

I had to issue a TAKEDOWN after 15 minutes in Supersession when the exec encountered "ST". Not sure why.

All the rest displayed in seconds.

Bob

Post by Grant Ward Able
"st"
86 *-* isffilter = "queue = execution"
Post by Grant Ward Able
"queue = execution"
87 *-* ISFFILTERMODE = 'AND'
Post by Grant Ward Able
"AND"
88 *-* if RIGHT(t1,3) = 'BRK'
Post by Grant Ward Able
"1"
*-* then
89 *-* do
90 *-* sdsfpnl = 'da'

David S Speake
2011-06-17 19:17:55 UTC
Gee thanks Rob. I can hear the Jackboots in the hall outside already.

:) My own fault Lemme see now a
COMMAND INPUT ===> QUERY AUTH SCROLL ===> CSR

AUTH=ACTION,DA,DEST,FINDLIM,H,I,LOG,O,OWNER,PREFIX,RSYS,ST,SYSID,SYSNAME

Might be of some help.

INSUFFICIENT ACCESS AUTHORITY
FROM ISFCMD.ODSP.** (G)
ACCESS INTENT(READ ) ACCESS ALLOWED(NONE )
--------------------------ISFCOLS Variables for JC---------------------------
ISFCOLS ISFDCOLS
--------------------------ISFCOLS Variables for JC---------------------------
ICH408I USER(RXJ67 ) GROUP(CC858 ) NAME(SPEAKE DAVID )
ISFCMD.DSP.SCHENV.SYSJ CL(SDSF )
INSUFFICIENT ACCESS AUTHORITY
FROM ISFCMD.DSP.** (G)
ACCESS INTENT(READ ) ACCESS ALLOWED(NONE )
--------------------------ISFCOLS Variables for SE---------------------------
ISFCOLS ISFDCOLS
--------------------------ISFCOLS Variables for SE---------------------------
ICH408I USER(RXJ67 ) GROUP(CC858 ) NAME(SPEAKE DAVID )
ISFCMD.DSP.SCHENV.SYSJ CL(SDSF )
INSUFFICIENT ACCESS AUTHORITY
FROM ISFCMD.DSP.** (G)
ACCESS INTENT(READ ) ACCESS ALLOWED(NONE )
--------------------------ISFCOLS Variables for SE---------------------------
ISFCOLS ISFDCOLS
--------------------------ISFCOLS Variables for SE---------------------------
ICH408I USER(RXJ67 ) GROUP(CC858 ) NAME(SPEAKE DAVID )
ISFCMD.ODSP.RESOURCE.SYSJ CL(SDSF )
INSUFFICIENT ACCESS AUTHORITY
FROM ISFCMD.ODSP.** (G)
ACCESS INTENT(READ ) ACCESS ALLOWED(NONE )
--------------------------ISFCOLS Variables for RES--------------------------
ISFCOLS ISFDCOLS
--------------------------ISFCOLS Variables for RES--------------------------
ICH408I USER(RXJ67 ) GROUP(CC858 ) NAME(SPEAKE DAVID )
ISFCMD.ODSP.ENCLAVE.SYSJ CL(SDSF )
INSUFFICIENT ACCESS AUTHORITY
FROM ISFCMD.ODSP.** (G)
ACCESS INTENT(READ ) ACCESS ALLOWED(NONE )
--------------------------ISFCOLS Variables for ENC--------------------------
ISFCOLS ISFDCOLS
--------------------------ISFCOLS Variables for ENC--------------------------
ICH408I USER(RXJ67 ) GROUP(CC858 ) NAME(SPEAKE DAVID )
ISFCMD.ODSP.PROCESS.SYSJ CL(SDSF )
INSUFFICIENT ACCESS AUTHORITY
FROM ISFCMD.ODSP.** (G)
ACCESS INTENT(READ ) ACCESS ALLOWED(NONE )
--------------------------ISFCOLS Variables for PS---------------------------
ISFCOLS ISFDCOLS
--------------------------ISFCOLS Variables for PS---------------------------
ICH408I USER(RXJ67 ) GROUP(CC858 ) NAME(SPEAKE DAVID )
ISFCMD.ODSP.INITIATOR.JES2 CL(SDSF )
INSUFFICIENT ACCESS AUTHORITY
ACCESS INTENT(READ ) ACCESS ALLOWED(NONE )
-------------------------ISFCOLS Variables for INIT--------------------------
ISFCOLS ISFDCOLS
-------------------------ISFCOLS Variables for INIT--------------------------
ICH408I USER(RXJ67 ) GROUP(CC858 ) NAME(SPEAKE DAVID )
ISFCMD.ODSP.PRINTER.JES2 CL(SDSF )
INSUFFICIENT ACCESS AUTHORITY
ACCESS INTENT(READ ) ACCESS ALLOWED(NONE )
--------------------------ISFCOLS Variables for PR---------------------------
ISFCOLS ISFDCOLS

***

Post by Grant Ward Able
"st"
86 *-* isffilter = "queue = execution"
Post by Grant Ward Able
"queue = execution"
87 *-* ISFFILTERMODE = 'AND'
Post by Grant Ward Able
"AND"
88 *-* if RIGHT(t1,3) = 'BRK'
Post by Grant Ward Able
"1"
*-* then

89 *-* do

90 *-* sdsfpnl = 'da'

Grant Ward Able
2011-06-20 09:23:28 UTC
Rob - thanks for that, it was because of my error as you said (queue =
execution not being valid for DA). Your other posts with SDFRCOLS will be
very handy for the future too.

--
Regards - Grant
=======================================
Note: Any opinion expressed is my own
=======================================
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of
electrons were severely disturbed.
=======================================
The views I have expressed on this website/service are my own personal
views, and are not endorsed or supported by, and do not necessarily
express or reflect, the views, positions or strategies of my employer.
=======================================

Telephone Number: +44 20765 01496

Robert Zenuk <***@AOL.COM>
Sent by: TSO REXX Discussion List <TSO-***@VM.MARIST.EDU>
06/17/2011 05:43 PM
Please respond to
TSO REXX Discussion List <TSO-***@VM.MARIST.EDU>

TSO-***@VM.MARIST.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [TSO-REXX] Address sdsf error

Post by Grant Ward Able
"st"
86 *-* isffilter = "queue = execution"
Post by Grant Ward Able
"queue = execution"
87 *-* ISFFILTERMODE = 'AND'
Post by Grant Ward Able
"AND"
88 *-* if RIGHT(t1,3) = 'BRK'
Post by Grant Ward Able
"1"
*-* then
89 *-* do
90 *-* sdsfpnl = 'da'

Robert Zenuk
2011-06-17 18:43:59 UTC
Interesting... Worked instantly on my system... As you can see it is
very simple code with no loops. You might try turning on trace ("trace i"
near the first line) and confirm the hang occurred in the address SDSF
"ISFEXEC ST" command. At which point I would open a problem with IBM. Until you
can do that comment out the ST line...

Rob

Post by Grant Ward Able
"st"
86 *-* isffilter = "queue = execution"
Post by Grant Ward Able
"queue = execution"
87 *-* ISFFILTERMODE = 'AND'
Post by Grant Ward Able
"AND"
88 *-* if RIGHT(t1,3) = 'BRK'
Post by Grant Ward Able
"1"
*-* then
89 *-* do
90 *-* sdsfpnl = 'da'

Kopischke, David G.
2011-06-17 18:59:14 UTC
"ST" with no prefix can return a lot of information depending on how much you have in your queues. You might just be hitting a situation where it's slow.

Post by Grant Ward Able
"st"
86 *-* isffilter = "queue = execution"
Post by Grant Ward Able
"queue = execution"
87 *-* ISFFILTERMODE = 'AND'
Post by Grant Ward Able
"AND"
88 *-* if RIGHT(t1,3) = 'BRK'
Post by Grant Ward Able
"1"
*-* then
89 *-* do
90 *-* sdsfpnl = 'da'

For TSO-REXX subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to ***@VM.MARIST.EDU with the message: INFO TSO-REXX

Richards, Robert B.
2011-06-19 09:29:12 UTC
Thanks for reminding me. We have thousands of jobs on our queues.

I have commented out "ST" for now.

Bob

Robert Zenuk
2011-06-17 19:43:34 UTC
Here is a less quick and dirty version to avoid that...

000001 /* REXX - SDSFRCOLS: list all REXX variables/columns by SDSF Panel
*/
000002 list = 'DA I O H ST LOG SR MAS JC SE RES ENC PS INIT PR PUN RDR
LINE',
000003 'NODE SO SP RM CK'

000004 if isfcalls('ON') <> 0 then exit 99

000005 address SDSF "ISFEXEC QUERY AUTH"

000006 do i=1 to isfresp.0

000007 if wordpos(isfresp.i,list) <> 0 then call panel isfresp.i

000008 end

000009 x = isfcalls('OFF')

000010 exit 0

000011 panel: arg panel

000012 address SDSF "ISFEXEC" panel "(ALTERNATE DELAYED)"

000013 say center('ISFCOLS Variables for' panel,78,'-')

000014 say isfcols isfdcols

000015 say center('ISFCOLS Variables for' panel,78,'-')

000016 drop isfcols isfdcols

000017 return

Rob

-------

Post by Grant Ward Able
"st"
86 *-* isffilter = "queue = execution"
Post by Grant Ward Able
"queue = execution"
87 *-* ISFFILTERMODE = 'AND'
Post by Grant Ward Able
"AND"
88 *-* if RIGHT(t1,3) = 'BRK'
Post by Grant Ward Able
"1"
*-* then

89 *-* do

90 *-* sdsfpnl = 'da'

Robert Zenuk
2011-06-17 19:48:00 UTC
This enhancement will force the PREFIX to the current userid to avoid the
possible issue with the ST screen...

000001 /* REXX - SDSFRCOLS: list all REXX variables/columns by SDSF Panel
*/
000002 list = 'DA I O H ST SR MAS JC SE RES ENC PS INIT PR PUN RDR LINE',

000003 'NODE SO SP RM CK'

000004 if isfcalls('ON') <> 0 then exit 99

000005 address SDSF "ISFEXEC QUERY AUTH"

000006 isfprefix = userid()

000007 do i=1 to isfresp.0

000008 if wordpos(isfresp.i,list) <> 0 then call panel isfresp.i

000009 end

000010 x = isfcalls('OFF')

000011 exit 0

000012 panel: arg panel

000013 address SDSF "ISFEXEC" panel "(ALTERNATE DELAYED)"

000014 say center('ISFCOLS Variables for' panel,78,'-')

000015 say isfcols isfdcols

000016 say center('ISFCOLS Variables for' panel,78,'-')

000017 drop isfcols isfdcols

000018 return

Post by Grant Ward Able
"st"
86 *-* isffilter = "queue = execution"
Post by Grant Ward Able
"queue = execution"
87 *-* ISFFILTERMODE = 'AND'
Post by Grant Ward Able
"AND"
88 *-* if RIGHT(t1,3) = 'BRK'
Post by Grant Ward Able
"1"
*-* then

89 *-* do

90 *-* sdsfpnl = 'da'

Richards, Robert B.
2011-06-19 12:36:19 UTC
Works great. Thanks!

Bob

s***@gmail.com
2017-08-03 19:48:45 UTC
HI I AM GETTING A ERROR 8 in following command

REXXFE4 JOB04360 SDSF Open Print Data Set LOCATE ERROR 8 00000008
**** DATA SET NOT CATALOGED DSNAME=ASSIGN2.WORK

Data set name ===> 'ASSIGN2.WORK'
Member to use ===> RUNREXX
Disposition ===> OLD (OLD, NEW, SHR, MOD)

Management class ===> (Blank for default management class)
Storage class ===> (Blank for default storage class)
Volume serial ===> (Blank for authorized default volume)
Device type ===> (Generic unit or device address)
Data class ===> (Blank for default data class)
Space units ===> BLKS (BLKS, TRKS, CYLS, BY, KB, or MB)
Primary quantity ===> 500 (In above units)
Secondary quantity ===> 500 (In above units)
Directory blocks ===> (Zero for sequential data set)
Record format ===> VBA
Record length ===> 240
Block size ===> 3120
Data set name type ===> (LIBRARY, blank, ... See Help for more)
Extended attributes ===> (NO, OPT, or blank)
COMMAND INPUT ===> SCROLL ===> CSR
F1=HELP F2=SPLIT F3=END F4=RETURN F5=IFIND F6=BOOK
F7=UP F8=DOWN F9=SWAP F10=LEFT F11=RIGHT F12=RETRIEVE
Glenn Knickerbocker
2017-08-07 19:13:24 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
REXXFE4 JOB04360 SDSF Open Print Data Set LOCATE ERROR 8 00000008
**** DATA SET NOT CATALOGED DSNAME=ASSIGN2.WORK
Data set name ===> 'ASSIGN2.WORK'
Member to use ===> RUNREXX
Disposition ===> OLD (OLD, NEW, SHR, MOD)
Note that this isn't a regular newsgroup. Messages are echoed here from
the TSO-REXX listserv at Marist College. Most of the participants won't
see your message or this reply.

Every post copied here from TSO-REXX has the following instruction at
Post by s***@gmail.com
To answer your question: OLD disposition is for a data set that already
exists. The error message says that the data set doesn't exist in the
catalog. Since you're specifying the space to use down below, it looks
like you're trying to create a new data set, so you want NEW disposition
instead.

¬R