REPLACE function in REXX? - interpreters vs compilers
Bob Bridges
2016-09-09 16:41:59 UTC
I've never used compiled REXX; maybe I should try it. Mostly when I think I should compile a utility I think of PL/1. PL/1 has some strengths one doesn't find in REXX, but the reverse is true also.

---
Bob Bridges
***@gmail.com, cell 336 382-7313
***@InfoSecInc.com

/* In happier economic news, Americans enjoy the wacky and hilarious spectacle of Enron executives being sternly lectured about financial responsibility by members of the United States Congress. -from Dave Barry's 2002 "Year in Review" */

2016-09-10 13:50:08 UTC
I have coded in both. I have never come across something I couldn't do in
Rexx, and one enormous advantage Rexx has is that it DOESN'T need to be
compiled, even if the end product will be. This means I do not have to spend
time waiting for translators, pre-compilers and Endevor parts to complete
every time I want to test something.

Mickey