Using REXX to access SDSF
Ward Able, Grant
2017-03-23 12:47:32 UTC
I am reading data from SDSF JESMSGLG, using
129 *-* address sdsf "isfexec "sdsfpnl
L> "isfexec "
V> "st"
O> "isfexec st"
And this works just fine. Then I need to use ISFEXEC DA, which also works.

129 *-* address sdsf "isfexec "sdsfpnl
L> "isfexec "
V> "da"
O> "isfexec da"
Then I try to go back to ISFEXEC ST and I get RC(8) - anyone got an idea???

129 *-* address sdsf "isfexec "sdsfpnl
L> "isfexec "
V> "st"
O> "isfexec st"
+++ RC(8) +++

Regards - Grant.
DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Ward Able, Grant
2017-03-23 15:15:23 UTC
ANSWER: It seems as if all I had to do was set the isffilter value to a valid value.

Regards - Grant.
Telephone Internal: 201496 (London)
Telephone External: +44 (0)207 650 1496

EAM - Enterprise Application Middleware

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have the time to do it over? - John Wooden

Bob Bridges
2017-03-24 21:31:42 UTC
I've read about the SDSF interface, but haven't yet had occasion to use it;
sorry, I couldn't help even if you were still stymied. (Glad you're not.)

I loved using the IOF interface; I expect SDSF is convenient as well. But
currently both my clients use SYSVIEW, so I probably won't get a chance for
a while to find out.

---
Bob Bridges
***@gmail.com, cell 336 382-7313
***@InfoSecInc.com

/* In its state of nature [a dog] has a smell, and habits, which frustrate
man's love; he washes it, house-trains it, teaches it not to steal, and is
so enabled to love it completely. To the puppy, the whole proceeding would
seem, if it were a theologian, to cast grave doubts on the "goodness" of
man; but the full-grown and full-trained dog, larger, healthier and
longer-lived than the wild dog, and admitted, as it were by Grace, to a
whole world of affections, loyalties, interests and comforts entirely beyond
its animal destiny, would have no such doubt. -C S Lewis, _The Problem of
Pain_ */

ANSWER: It seems as if all I had to do was set the isffilter value to a
valid value.

I am reading data from SDSF JESMSGLG, using
129 *-* address sdsf "isfexec "sdsfpnl
L> "isfexec "
V> "st"
O> "isfexec st"
And this works just fine. Then I need to use ISFEXEC DA, which also works.

129 *-* address sdsf "isfexec "sdsfpnl
L> "isfexec "
V> "da"
O> "isfexec da"
Then I try to go back to ISFEXEC ST and I get RC(8) - anyone got an idea???

129 *-* address sdsf "isfexec "sdsfpnl
L> "isfexec "
V> "st"
O> "isfexec st"
+++ RC(8) +++

Doug Behrends
2017-03-27 19:02:00 UTC
Bob,
There is a REXX interface to SYSVIEW. Not sure what you were doing with
IOF or SDSF, but this may provide you a similar capability.

Example:
https://docops.ca.com/ca-sysview/14-0/EN/administering/using-the-application-programming-interface/sample-rexx-procedure

Doug Behrends
Sr Professional Services Consultant

VANGUARD Integrity Professionals
Enterprise Security Software
6625 S. Eastern Avenue, Suite 100
Las Vegas, Nevada 89119
Post by Bob Bridges
I've read about the SDSF interface, but haven't yet had occasion to use it;
sorry, I couldn't help even if you were still stymied. (Glad you're not.)
I loved using the IOF interface; I expect SDSF is convenient as well. But
currently both my clients use SYSVIEW, so I probably won't get a chance for
a while to find out.
---
Bob Bridges
/* In its state of nature [a dog] has a smell, and habits, which frustrate
man's love; he washes it, house-trains it, teaches it not to steal, and is
so enabled to love it completely. To the puppy, the whole proceeding would
seem, if it were a theologian, to cast grave doubts on the "goodness" of
man; but the full-grown and full-trained dog, larger, healthier and
longer-lived than the wild dog, and admitted, as it were by Grace, to a
whole world of affections, loyalties, interests and comforts entirely beyond
its animal destiny, would have no such doubt. -C S Lewis, _The Problem of
Pain_ */
I am reading data from SDSF JESMSGLG, using
129 *-* address sdsf "isfexec "sdsfpnl
L> "isfexec "
V> "st"
O> "isfexec st"
And this works just fine. Then I need to use ISFEXEC DA, which also works.
129 *-* address sdsf "isfexec "sdsfpnl
L> "isfexec "
V> "da"
O> "isfexec da"
Then I try to go back to ISFEXEC ST and I get RC(8) - anyone got an idea???
129 *-* address sdsf "isfexec "sdsfpnl
L> "isfexec "
V> "st"
O> "isfexec st"