Language Environment variables in REXX?
John McKown
2017-04-05 15:19:13 UTC
As usual, I probably want the unavailable. I'm writing some REXX code to do
some UNIX-like processing. In UNIX, there are "environment variables" which
are "global". Much like ISPF profile variables, I guess. Anyway, there are
also LE environment variables. In UNIX REXX, there is the environment()
function to get & set UNIX environment variables. I need(?) a function to
_read_ the LE environment variable, such as can be set in the CEEPRMnn
member of PARMLIB. Unfortunately, I don't see an easy way to get this. Any
help?

--
"Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is
ancient. It's called 'rain'." -- Michael McClary, in alt.fusion

Maranatha! <><
John McKown

Lucas Rosalen
2017-04-05 18:21:47 UTC
Hello John,

Not sure if this is what you're actually looking for, but I think you might
be able to pipe the D CEE,ALL command and save the current values for
further processing, no?
I think that would be better than reading/parsing CEEPRMxx, as you know
changes can be done in flight...

Regards,
*Lucas Rosalen*
Emails: ***@gmail.com / ****@pl.ibm.com
<***@br.ibm.com>*
LinkedIn: http://br.linkedin.com/in/lrosalen
Phone: +48 (71) 792 809 198
John McKown
2017-04-05 18:34:30 UTC
Post by Lucas Rosalen
Hello John,
Not sure if this is what you're actually looking for, but I think you might
be able to pipe the D CEE,ALL command and save the current values for
further processing, no?
I think that would be better than reading/parsing CEEPRMxx, as you know
changes can be done in flight...
​That's an idea. I am contemplating writing an LE enabled ​program to do
"something", perhaps using IRXEXCOM or IKJCT441 to create REXX variable,
likely in a stem to whatever exists. Perhaps something like: stem.0==number
of LE variables; stem.1="LEVAR=VALUE" and so on. I'm just a tad lazy and
was looking for something that IBM may have that I simply overlooked.
Post by Lucas Rosalen
Regards,
*Lucas Rosalen*